1. Living in the time of Corona – take part!
Click HERE for more information!
Submissions until 30th of June 2020!!!!
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
DANUBE-NETWORKERS invite the citizens of Europe to take part in creating an online collection:
***LIVING IN THE TIME OF CORONA – MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE***
to include short stories, poems, notes, reflections, anecdotes, interviews, photographs, caricatures and drawings
Download the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
WHAT WE WANT AND WHY
The Corona-crisis changed the lives of millions of people all over Europe and other continents in many ways – there are tragic stories about dealing with loss or loneliness, but also stories full of solidarity, hope and wisdom, even funny stories or jokes. We would like to collect your stories, impressions and emotions, and reflect together on our collective European experience of dealing with this crisis.
WHO, WHEN AND HOW CAN PARTICIPATE
- All Europeans, regardless of age, are invited to contribute.
- Share your short stories, poems, notes, reflections, anecdotes, interviews, photographs, caricature and drawings (topic suggestions see below).
- The text should be entered in the form above and contain up to 2.500 characters and be written in your native language and translated to English. If you have a problem with translating into English, please contact us!
- Please send drawings and photos as jpg. or png., size: 1-4 MB.
- The deadline for submitting contributions to email@example.com is June 30th,2020.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Entries will be published online in author’s national language and in English.
- The contributions of each individual participant will be presented on one page.
- The most impressive contribution, selected by the jury, in categories: engagement, written contribution, and visual work, will be presented and honoured during the virtual partner meeting of the Danube-Networkers on July 10, 2020.
- The selected contributions will be later published in a printed edition.
SUGGESTIONS FOR TOPICS
- How I/we helped others (working as a volunteer; helping neighbours)
- How I overcame specific difficulties and how I dealt with emotions during the pandemic
- How Corona has changed the relationships in my family and affected friendships
- What are the lessons that corona “taught” me (regarding small things, nature, the passage of time, changes in the way of thinking)
- What I discovered about my creativity (a new hobby, new methods of work / learning…)
- How new media helped me to continue learning and overcome the lack of social contact
- How I managed to practice my religion in times of Corona
BE A CO-AUTHOR OF THE COLLECTION “LIVING IN THE TIME OF CORONA”
- You have a personal story on one of the topics listed above
- You know a person, whose story is interesting and want to do an interview with her/him
- If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. U3As INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION, AIUTA AND WSTC
Covid19 pandemic is still very active in many AIUTA U3As countries. AIUTA initiative with WSTC to organise a world competition dedicate to U3As seniors is running to August 15th, 2020
YOU CAN PARTICIPATE sending your art design to : email@example.com
Competition number 1: Poetry
You will write a poem on the theme of „Seniors and the art of living in all circumstances“. You can take inspiration from the haiku format. The haiku is a very short form of poetry made up of seventeen syllables in three lines (5-7-5)
Competition number 2: Drawing/painting
On the support of your choice (paper, cardboard, plastic, etc.) you will draw a drawing or a painting on the theme of „Seniors and the art of living in all circumstances“. There are no particular rules when it comes to the creation tool (brush, markers, charcoal, calligraphy).
Competition number 3: Creativity
Ingenious, manual, a hidden talent? You can join this category by creating all kinds of things, cut paper, origami, masking tape (creative hobbies with scotch tape). You are free to create what you want according to your skills.
Competition number 4: Singing
Record a song, or write a song about the University of the Third Age, which may become the next official anthem of the U3A.
Competition 5: Photography sport
Display your sports commitment in all circumstances! Take a picture of yourself or your activity and share your sportsmanship in a few comments.
SEND YOUR ART DESIGN (AND THE FORM IN YOUR LANGUAGE) TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Extraordinary Call for Proposals 2020 as a response to the unprecedented pandemic COVID-19
The Central European Initiative (CEI) has launched an Extraordinary Call for Proposals 2020 as a response to the unprecedented pandemic COVID-19.
The Call for proposal addresses three areas of intervention:
- Healthcare and telemedicine (MED)
- Education and e-learning/distance learning (EDU)
- Support to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs)
With a total budget of EUR 600.000, applicants from CEI Member States (with a priority on non-EU countries) can apply for a CEI grant up to 100% oft he value of their project up to a maximum of EUR 40.000 addressing specific needs at their local level.
Applications can be submitted until the 9th of April 2020.
More information about the Call for Proposal can be accessed at: https://www.cei.int/news/8809/covid-19-extraordinary-call-for-proposals-launched-600000-eur-for-projects-in-field-of-healthcare