This call will support civil society organisations in all EU countries in their crucial work of protecting and promoting Union Values at national, regional and local level. Civil society organisations play an important role in promoting a culture of values, based on the rule of law, democracy and fundamental rights. They are key partners for Member States to support them in their efforts to promote and protect fundamental rights, democracy and the rule of law. They need to be able to work in a supportive environment so that they can carry out their mission effectively.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to select and support a limited number of independent intermediaries in the greatest number of Member States to:
- build the capacities of a large number of civil society organisations (CSOs) active at local, regional and/or national level,
- provide them with financial support (cascading grant).
The priorities of this call are:
- to raise awareness on rights and values through support to civil society organisations;
- to strengthen the protection and promotion of Union values including the respect of the rule of law;
- to contribute to democratic values including by supporting dialogue, transparency and good governance, including in cases of shrinking space for civil society.
An Online information-session on this call for proposal is organised on 25 January 2022 from 11.00 – 13.00 Brussels time. For more information on this event and to register please go to the EACEA event page.
Please write to EACEA-CERV@ec.europa.eu for questions on this Call or on the related information session.